We miss Gerai Ramadan!

>> Thursday, September 4, 2008

Alhamdulillah, Ramadan is here again! As Bruneians what is associated with Ramadan are Terawih prayers, family gatherings for sungkai, Menjelang Sungkai(ada masih kah?) and the visit to the Gerai Ramadan.

Though I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the Gerai Ramadan because I can't stand the traffic jams and the large crowds. Plus, I find the Gerai to be just another socializing event. It's like the place where you go to bump into your friends, especially the ones that you haven't seen in ages. Or maybe thats just me. LOL.

But being away makes you miss a LOT of things in Brunei. As I'm typing this and waiting for Sungkai(it's 5.00 pm, sungkai is at 5.47 pm hehe), I'm trying to look for pics of the Gerai scenery in Brunei. Somehow I can't find any recent ones, but I know our friend Lenny will have some posted on her blog...kan lenny...kan...kan...pleaseeeeee. Cheers!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Followers

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP